Care Transition Coaching is a model designed to:
- Transfer Skills
- Build a patients/caregivers confidence
- Provide tools to support self-management
- The Goal is to empower you to assert a more active role during care transitions and develop lasting self-management skills.
9 facts about Resource Coaching:
- There is no cost to you
- Coaches do not interfere with your Doctor/patient relationship
- Coaches do not practice clinical medicine or direct care
- Coaches DO empower you to take control of your health care
- Coaches can assist you and/or your loved one with your medication reconciliation
- Coaches are trained professionals
- Coaches will visit selected patients in the hospital and follow-up in the home (not to give direct care) and several phone contacts over a 4 week period.
- Coaches assist patients with transitions across care settings
- Coaches are assigned to patients with high risk for readmissions.