ADTRC provides guardianship services thru Amistad's Guardianship Program. Amistad serves as the court-appointed guardian of over 350 persons in El Paso County and 35 other West Texas counties who have been found to be incapacitated and unable to support or protect their own health and welfare.
- Assessment on a continuous basis of the individual’s social, psychological, educational, direct services, medical, health and personal care needs
- Secure a safe and healthy residence
- Apply for Social Security, Medicaid or Medicare benefits
- Consent to or object to medical and dental treatment
- Manage and invest the individual’s personal property
- Advocate for the individual and his or her autonomy and self determination